Sunday 4 September 2016

Brexit – what will the consequences be?

There has been a lot in the media about Brexit in the last few months, and as the UK is my second home I have to say that I was shocked when I woke up and the UK had voted to leave the EU. I honestly did not think that would happen.



Because I love the UK and I also work with Norwegian students who are going to the UK to study higher education, I get asked a lot about my thoughts and opinions about what I think will happen during the next couple of years. And I really don´t know. I think that is mostly because I didn´t think Brexit would happen to begin with, and now all cards are on the table and anything can happen. I think we all have to wait and see and I really think the next couple of years can be very exciting – exciting meaning both positive and negative. I try to read as much about Brexit as possible, but in the end there is nothing I can do. But I will pay close attention to the development of Brexit, and hopefully the UK will make agreements that will work for as many nationalities as possible. Because let´s face it; the UK is a multinational country so Brexit affects so many people, not just the Brits.

No comments:

Post a Comment